Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Examples


We all find ourselves examples to those around us. People watch us even when we don't notice. To your children you are an example of what a parent is like. To your co-workers you are an example as well. They watch to see if what you say about yourself is true or not. Are you really who you claim to be?
.
We are being watched. Am I an example of how NOT to do something? Do I lead the way for others to follow or do I show them the path to avoid?
.
Don't forget that people are watching. I still remember eating out with my wife. The food wasn't that good, the service was poor, and I was grumpy.....it showed. Then someone nearby asked, "Aren't you a pastor.....?" What a reality check! Watch how you live, others are watching as well.....
.
Mat 5:16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
.
1Peter 2:12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

No comments: