Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Great people, a great week

..........(click on photo to enlarge)

We just got home a few hours ago from a wonderful week on the east coast of Africa. We met with a number of pastors and their wives for a marriage conference. They had a great time. This photo is part of the group just before our marriage renewal service. All the couples who attended the conference participated in the renewal ceremony and one couple was really excited because, for them, this was their wedding....I'll tell you more later. What was funny for us was their response to my closing words, "husbands, you may kiss your wives." They all did it, but the giggles and laughs that followed were really funny. They are not used to any public display of affection, so this was not "Kenyan", but they did it and had fun. It's great to be home, but I come back with new friends and relationships that have changed my life and I hope I have changed their lives in some little way.

4 comments:

Brother John said...

That's really awesome, Mike. Welcome home! I can't wait to hear the stories and see the images!

Mike Messerli said...

John, thanks. I'll be in on Thursday and I look forward to some time with you.

Schweers' Mom said...

Can't wait to hear more!! The pics Dave took on the safari were amazing. I can't even imagine seeing so many animals close up and not behind bars in a zoo. Wow. What an experience you guys must have had!

Kris Sorensen said...

Welcome home. Glad to hear that you had a fantastic time; I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.