Monday, June 01, 2009

Blessed!


I am blessed!  This morning I find myself in the garage roasting some new coffee beans, a bean from El Salvador, and I got a call on cell from Brandon Scott.  He is one of our missionaries and was calling me from Guatemala after listening to yesterday's sermon online.  He called to encourage me and tell me he's praying for us.  I dearly love Brandon and Jenny and consider myself extremely blessed to have him call me to encourage me.  Thank you, Brandon.  Thank you.
...
On another note,  one of our dear friends, Jules, a Haitian team member with R.M.I., is ill with bone cancer and is in Boston being treated for this illness.  Jules is a wonderful man and a dear friend.  Would you put Jules on your prayer list?  

4 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

And then a further blessing....Brandon calls back and gives me a reading assignment in 2 Corinthians. It really helped, thanks, brother.

Schweers' Mom said...

I didn't know about Jules. I will let Craig know since he met him. I think I met him years ago when a group of our Haitian brothers came to our old church.

Brandon and Jenny said...

I love you brother! I hope your coffee was good. It would have been far better to sip that fine brew and chat with you face to face. But, that must wait for another day.

I'm glad the 2 Cor helped. It sure encouraged me.

cookiehawk77 said...

I'm going to miss him on our trip to Haiti. I pray he'll be there for the next one! He was my first friend in Haiti!