Monday, June 29, 2009

Praying for each other


This morning I've been thinking about and praying for friends, family and people in our church who are hurting, struggling financially, dealing with health issues, worried about the future, in pain over losses and so many other things. I've been very much occupied this morning with these people on my mind and in prayer for them. There is so much to pray for!
...
A friend dealing with cancer, another hurting from a broken heart, others in need of a job, some concerned about having enough money to pay the mortgage....fears here....worries there....all around us things are being shaken and lives are being affected. I think of the words of Jesus, who told us of these days, but when the days come and the concerns for those I love and care about overwhelm me it brings me to the only place I know...it brings me to prayer. I don't have answers for all of these problems. I don't have words enough to salve the worries and hurts. I do have God's word to be sure and it is true and trustworthy and promises God care, provision, love and protection, but I also find myself going to God in prayer....appealing to the only one who can help for those in need. My list is long. There are so many things to pray for. So many hurting. So many tears. I'm not immune to the pain, in fact I think it intensifies my prayers. In these times I'm most comforted by the presence of a sovereign, loving God watching over his children. And yet he invites us to come to him and be part of his work through prayer, so today I'm praying.....There's a lot of us here before the throne appealing for God's help. He hears us all. He knows our needs. He smiles and comforts us. In a fallen world full of hurts and needs I'm so grateful I have a place I can go to find help. I'm so glad we are not on our own. So today I'm praying.....if you have a need add it to my list, it looks like I will be here for a while....

No comments: