Thursday, June 25, 2009

Amazing people


You never know who you will meet and what lies beneath the skin. It takes time to find out who a person is and what they are like. Often, in our busy lives, we miss amazing people because we are too busy or they are simply different. One of our amazing people from our week in Africa is Erick. He's on staff with ALARM Ministries and served us all week as we met with the pastors in Kilifi, Kenya. Erick sounds like Sidney Poitier. We all worked hard to say "church" the way Erick did....he has a wonderful accent. Erick is a brilliant guy. He has his masters degree and is looking into schools in America to get his doctorate. Erick is a funny guy. Before he even knew me he was taking jabs at me about my extra weight. Thanks a lot, Erick! We had a great time with Erick and I look forward to seeing what God does in his life. It always amazes me to see what God is doing in the lives of people, amazing people, you might simply pass by if you don't take time to know them. I hope I get to spend more time with this man. I see God working in his life and I look forward to seeing what God does with Erick, one of the amazing people on our trip to Kenya.

No comments: