Saturday, June 06, 2009

Impossible things


Only a few days left before we and other teams from our church leave for Africa, Haiti and Mississippi. I have so much to do and very little time to get it all done. At moments it feels like I'm in the middle of an impossible balancing act....teaching to prepare, things to get before the trip, things to do here before we go, Joye's mom here to visit, but now in the hospital. It seems that the weight of it all will be too much at times, but I can only do the next thing and do what I can. I'm glad that God is involved in all of this- the trips, our lives, mom in hospital, messages to teach, people to care about.....I'm glad he's able to help me with all of this....because there are days when I feel like the elephant, trying to balance a heavy weight of things to do and care about, and there are days when I feel like the ball, about to pop from all the pressure. In either situation I have God's wonderful help and for that I'm most blessed and grateful.

No comments: