Monday, August 29, 2016

Morning graces

Yesterday I was thinking about our prayer lives as Christians in my part of the world.  We say 'grace' over our meals and thank the Lord for his provision.  (Saying grace is a short prayer of thanks said before or after a meal.)  It's a way to acknowledge the source of all we eat, all we have, all we share.

And I wondered, aren't there more places in the day when I can say grace, simply take a moment and thank the Lord and worship him for all he is, all he does and how wonderful he is?  Out of those thoughts I'm beginning to integrate into my day morning graces.  It's a moment to start the day with praise and thanks both for what has passed, what is and what is ahead.

This morning, as I write this at 3:00 AM, I'm thankful for the quiet hours of the early morning, for a God who takes care of me while I sleep...when I can sleep, for his grace and his provision.  I'm thankful for his constant love and kindness.  I'm thankful for his beauty.  

Thank you Lord, for making color, for giving me eyes to see it. Thank you for the sounds around me and the ears to hear.  Thank you for family.  I feel like a wealthy king!  God is so good, so kind, so gracious.  He has given me more than I could ever count, he has been wonderful to me as he shows me his great graces each day.

And so, this morning, I want to say thank you Lord.  Thank you!



No comments: