Saturday, August 20, 2016

Overwhelmed


All of humanity cries out, 
"Am I loved? 
Does anyone see me? 
Does anyone care?"

We may not admit it, 
may not know it,
but our hearts cry out for love.

We hunger to be seen, 
to be known,
to be loved.

Each of us search for love, 
a love that tells us we are seen, 
that we matter, 
that we are not alone.

Our dilemma grows as we realize
every human we meet is seeking
the same thing we are!
None of us can meet this need
for love 
in another.

So where do we find the love we seek?
How do we discover the one who sees us?
Where do we go to be known and seen,
loved and accepted unconditionally?

This morning I'm overwhelmed as I read
the answer to these questions in these words,

God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 
And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, 
he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 
For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, 
we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son.  So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.” -Romans 5

This morning, as I read these words, I'm once more overwhelmed and thankful for the love of God extended to me when I was God's enemy.  

This is the love I need.  
This is the love we each need 
and it's only found in Christ.  

You will never find what you're looking for 
until you come to Christ.




No comments: