Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The mountain top


There is nothing more exhilarating than the view from atop a mountain.  The air,  the smells, the coolness, the beauty is beyond description.  

On a mountain top you can see for miles!  The beauty of the experience is one we remember for a lifetime.  There is nothing quite like it.

This morning I climbed one of the most glorious mountain tops in the bible, Romans 8.  The beauty of the view, the rarified air of God's glory and the majesty of what he has done for his children just takes your breath away!  

So many have written about this amazing mountain top that I doubt I can do it justice, but what always thrills me are the little things God gives us to look at as we stand on this mountain.  It begins with no condemnation (how glorious is that?) and ends with no separation (and how wonderful is that for the weary heart?) 

But near the end are these words, it's honestly difficult to not talk about all the amazing views from this mountain top, but the one that always thrills me is this one,


“And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.  No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Linger here for a while and dwell on this view....don't rush off to your busy day, but just stop for a moment and read those words again.

NOTHING you will ever go through will affect, change or steal away the love God has for you!  No one, no thing, no sin, no failure, no doubt, nothing will ever separate you from God's love!

When we have trusted Christ as savior he becomes so much more, he does so much more, he wraps us in his love and never lets us go.  In Christ we become God's dearly loved children.  That, dear friend, is the most glorious view I have ever seen as I stand on this wonderful mountain top.  

If I did nothing more than understand that it would change me forever!  God loves me and no matter what I do that will never change!

I think I will linger here and enjoy the view for a bit....


No comments: