Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The thrill of the ride


The Christian life is exciting! It's often like the rush this young boy must feel as his father spins him around. It's a mixture of excitement and fear all at the same time, but fear is lessened by the fact that my father is holding onto me.
...
Jesus wrote about this in John 10-
Joh 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
John 10:28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
John 10:29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
...
It's the hold of the Father's hands that makes fearful days almost exciting! To know that I'm held by the Father and secure in his care makes times of uncertainty almost fun. Whatever spin I find myself in the fact that the Father is holding onto me makes the events of the day a wonderful adventure....it's a thrilling ride when you know who is holding onto you.

1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

I love this little boy's face!