Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Some things should never happen, but they do. Spongebob SquarePants has been on television for 10 years! Being a grandfather I have watched EVERY episode of Spongebob OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!
Just writing about it is making me nervous. Mr. Crabs, Patrick, Plankton, and Squidward have become part of our lives. It's the price we pay to be parents and grandparents- stinky diapers and Spongebob!
In fact, on our recent trip to Iowa, I listened to the Spongebob movie at least 4 times!
So, my point? There are some things in life that make others happy and us miserable. It's true. My grandchildren can sit for hours watching Spongebob and as I sit with them I feel my brain turning to mush. But I watch it because they love it, I love them and I love being with them. It's one of the sacrifices of life. It's something we do because we love those around us. Love bears all things according to Paul in 1 Corinthians. I never imagined that would include Spongebob SquarePants!

5 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

I have never seen an episode of Sponge Bob.

I have Toy Story 2 memorized, however.

It's worth it.

Joye said...

Have to admit, I love Spongebob.

Zach said...

I'm pretty sure that you look forward to them coming over just so you have an excuse to watch spongebob

Lindsay said...

Oh, Daddy. It's all your fault. They never asked to watch Spongebob before you turned it on for them years ago.

Mike Messerli said...

Zach, Lindsay....shhhhhhhh....you're blowing my cover.