Monday, July 20, 2009

God's work among us

I got to meet with two different pastor friends today and an old friend who has moved to east Texas. Each of these visits was great. Each of the pastors has problems and issues they are working through. Their problems and situations are different, so are their denominations, but they are both seeking to follow God as they lead their churches. My old friend is part of one of these ministries. He's an elder in his church, teaches Sunday school and is a valuable leader. Each of these men is so different, but each of them is serving God in amazing ways. As I was coming home today I thought about my visits with these 3 men. It made me think about the book of Esther. I know, they aren't connected at all, except for this...Esther and my friends are all trying to follow God and serve him. Sometimes we don't see God working, but he is. Sometimes we ask what his plan is for us, but that unfolds in His time, not ours. Each of us lives out life in the middle of moments that leave us unable to see God's big picture, but he's painting it. He's working. In each life it looks different. In each ministry his plan is specific, yes it will all be for his glory, but he uses all kinds of men and women to accomplish his work. It's such a blessing to see God working in the lives around me. I can't wait to see what he does in each of these lives because they are each an example of God's work among us.

No comments: