Thursday, July 02, 2009

Water in dry places


I find myself a little dry once more. Inspiration is elusive, thoughts are scattered, and the body is tired. I find that, once more, I'm reading the bible and not getting much from my time in the word. This is something I experience in my walk with God at different times. It's quite common. I feel that I'm in a desolate place wishing for water, spiritual water. I know this is a common thing. I know this will only last for a short time, so I continue to read God's word, pray and walk with God. Whether I am really experiencing a dry time or simply tired I know I need to keep going. This is no place to stop. And so, as I have done many times before, I press on, I continue to walk with God, read his word and pray. Keep going, don't stop here....rain will come soon, refreshment is near. God will not leave me thirsty for long.

3 comments:

mike said...

just wanted to say that sometimes with the daily devotions and bible reading I dont feel fed like I should and when I read your posts, lots of times I'm refreshed. Thank you for finishing well pastor. Not that your finished :-)

Schweers' Mom said...

I'm in the same place this week. I don't know what the deal is. I read the words on the pages and it just seems hollow. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who experiences this.

The Toneman said...

It must be the heat. I have been dry myself for a couple weeks. I dont give up, but I find myself reading and re-reading the same. I look for the times of refreshment too!