Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Settling for less


I find that I do this often...I don't do it on purpose, but I do it none the less...I, once more, have found myself settling for less than I know God wants for me. It's like a "V8 moment" when I realize what I have done. I could have had joy instead of happiness. I could have had time with God instead of a time of worry. I could have had peace instead of an anxious heart. I could have had..... I have done this so often, with such a regularity, that I know I will do it again, but I'm always disappointed with myself when I realize I have done it once more. God wants so much more for me than I enjoy. So, once more, this morning I find myself repenting. Not for any sin. That's not what repentance is always about. Repentance means to turn and go in a completely different direction. So, once more I get my spiritual map out and change my directions, repent, and get back on the path I want to follow. It's a path that starts with a relationship with God and from that relationship comes all the rest. It's so simple I easily seek other things and lose out on God's best. So, once more....a new direction....a refocus and a humble walk back to my relationship with God. There will be much behind me that I have focused on that will call out to me....needing my attention. It will be hard to ignore all those things and simply walk with God, but I must. The rest will work out.
...
Mat 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Mike--I find that keeping my heart coordinated with the Spirit is a little 'tricky' for me also. Coming into the presence of the King does usually require some repentance from my preoccupations that have subtly gained influence in my life. Its not what we know, but who we are presently related to intimacy.