Friday, February 06, 2009

World music



I love music. I know most people do. We each have our own taste in music- country, pop, rock, urban, classical...the choices are numerous. One of the styles of music I really enjoy is a category of music called "WORLD" music. In this category are all styles of music from around the world. I think one of the things I enjoy is the great variety available from French African jazz to Chinese classical. Here is a new artist I found that I am really enjoying. Here's the category for her album- Hebrew pop. Strange, isn't it? This is what you would hear on the radio in Israel. It's great music even if I don't understand a single word. Her name is Emily Karpel and the album is called "Freckles." If you get a chance to listen to her let me know what you think. I have her singing to me in Hebrew as I type this. It's great.