Monday, February 23, 2009

Something I don't care about


Last night was "OSCAR NIGHT!" The academy awards were given out and the Hollywood show was center stage.

This morning, as I'm working at home on my day off, the news is all aglow with photos and stories about the dresses, the hair, the looks, the "stars."

And I'm thinking....yeah, but there are people with real problems who just need grocery money...why this in-your-face waste? Why such a focus on all this now? It's amazing to me, and one thing I don't care about....in case you were keeping track....this is an event, as far as I'm concerned, that is completely wasteful and meaningless.....there, I feel much better now. Thanks for letting me complain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was watching that last night as well. I started thinking, why do people care about this stuff? I finally came to the conclusion that people watch these things becasue it gives them an escape from their tough lives. Movies have always done that for poeple, it gives them an outlet to forget about the burdens they bare for a short while. so do i like the decadence, the pomp and show, not particularly. But if it gives poeple a welcomed breather from their gloom and doom they see on the news, then why not. Too much reality is really depressing.

Anonymous said...

ps...i have recently rearranged my favorits in my computer and you are right by flower mound weather, so my visits to your site will be up!

jeremiah

Mike Messerli said...

awesome! to be right up there with the weather is a real honor. thanks. and I really mean that.

Schweers' Mom said...

I flipped on the awards every so briefly after "The Amazing Race" (which is my escape from reality) and heard a bit of dribble about some Hollywood agenda nonsense and immediately turned the TV off and grabbed a book. Oh brother. I could care less, too.