Sunday, June 07, 2009

I'm reading...


I just started a new book I'm already enjoying. Tim Keller's book is an apologetic in a time when both believers and skeptics are struggling with what they believe and why.
...
As my fellow pastor, Brent, says, "we have to outlive the world." Our lives are our first testimony. Our lives will win an audience with a world seeking God and truth.
...
I'll keep you updated on what I find. There's nothing like a great book to challenge your beliefs and make you look at your life. I look forward to the challenge!

4 comments:

Barry said...

That is a GREAT book.

Schweers' Mom said...

I have been wanting to read one of Keller's books. I'd love to hear your thoughts about it when you finish!

Brent said...

I wouldn't go as far as Barry and say it's a GREAT book, but it's a very helpful tool written by a pastor to his people. I found that it dealt with a lot of the issues believers face and haven't had the chance to think through.

He's in a New York City setting with upwardly mobile educated professionals, so a lot of what he writes would be helpful in our area, too. Lots of the same questions and concerns are addressed. Very worthwhile read...you can borrow mine once Kid1 heads off to Europe tomorrow, Lori. You just have to have it finished before she gets back!

Schweers' Mom said...

Very cool, Brent. I'll take you up on the offer. There was an article about Keller in one of my recent magazines.