Monday, June 01, 2009

Monday morning

A little sleep and a new day is ready to start, even if I'm not.  We had a great day yesterday. Morning services, Parker Smith becoming an eagle scout, evening services, baptisms (they are always fun), and then a couple hours before I crash into bed.  Our worship at church yesterday was great! Hal and the team did a wonderful job.   And, as Brent said, he even hit a big time mark I asked him to hit...we were all surprised! (Hal is "Haitian" in his view of time...it's not important.)  

This morning I'm going to get some early time to read, trim bushes before it gets too hot (Monday is my day off) and rest a little from a busy day yesterday.  Our next project is to get ready for Africa, we are leaving in 11 days and I still have a lot to do on that.  Joye and I have to work on our messages that we will be doing together.  So much to do, so little time.

I would be grateful for your prayers as we try to fit everything into these few days.  It's a lot to do.  I would also ask that you continue to pray for our church family.  There are a lot of great things happening, but there are a lot of hurting people as well.  It's ultimately God's church and so I would ask that you join me in seeking his help for our church family.

Well, the sun is up and I must run. Have a great day.

No comments: