Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Africa update


Finally, a computer, Internet and a moment to update you. It may be a surprise, but the Internet is not alive and well in East Africa. Dial-up speeds are most common if you can find a place to get online at all. So, I am sorry for taking so long to update you, but this is literally the soonest I have been able to write. We arrived Saturday night, were in church first thing Sunday morning and teaching every moment since. It’s been wonderful to meet and interact with the believers here in Africa. We have made many new friends and have some wonderful discussions with the pastors here. They are not shy about debating with us….I’m enjoying the fellowship and interaction immensely! Keep praying for us and I will give you a more detailed report as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Susan M said...

Glad to hear tha all is well. We will continue to pray for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I wish you well Mike. Preach the love of christ and they will respond. No doubt they will always have a tint of their tribal religion influence in their christianity, as all cultures do.

Jeremiah

Mike Messerli said...

Jeremiah,

We did see huge culture influence to their faith. I'm sure our culture influences us as well. It was interesting to deal with these issues.