Tuesday, August 29, 2006

God's blessings



I got an e-mail from one of our wonderful ladies at the church with these thoughts. They were so good I thought I would share them with you. She gave me permission, so I'm sharing her thoughts as she wrote them:

Dear Friends,

As I sat outside on my patio this morning after so many mornings of sweltering heat and drought, I became so aware of my garden after yesterday's saturating rain. I hope this will be a blessing to you.


There's nothing like rain from heaven to water the earth below. The plants and flowers seem to swell into fullness; the leaves and flowers are lifted up. There is a life-force that flows from the roots to the tip of each leaf, stem and vine. The flowers are vibrant and touched in a way so very different from the water I give them from my garden hose. While I can keep my garden alive with frequent waterings and an occasional fertilization, there is something remarkably different that occurs in their appearance when the water is sent from God above. Even the wind has a different affect on a rain-nourished stem. It's as if there is greater agility and strength in movement, not a fight to withstand the hot, relentless heat and empty, drying winds.

How we, too, need to be nourished and soaked by our Maker in ways only He can achieve. Man's words and teachings are able to sustain us, but truly, these are only a fair substitute for the life-giving saturation and nourishment which comes directly from God's own hand. Let us not seek to drink solely from the well of others, but pray that God, Himself, would personally rain on us so that we would bring beauty and glory to our Creator...evidence of His life in us.

"...for in Him, we live and move and have our being..." Acts 17:28

Love, Colleen Nunn

No comments: