Sunday, August 13, 2006

Book Meme

So many books, so little time. This meme is a way to share books amongst our blogging community. Since we already know that the Bible is The Book with the most impact on our lives, this list should be books other than the Bible. The hard part is just sharing ONE book for each category!

1. One book that changed your life:
The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer (Sorry, Joye, this is too good to not be on the top of the list, so I have to list it too.)

2. One book that you've read more than once:
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Can I count the Chronicles of Narnia as one book?

4. One book that made you laugh:
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (It's story line made me laugh and made me mad.)

5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]:
Sorry, don't have one.

6. One book that you wish had been written:
The seekers guide to truth

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

8. One book you're currently reading:
Simply Christian by N.T. Wright (A great book, just out, I highly recommend it.)

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Christ plays in 10,000 places by Eugene Peterson (I'm half way through and can't seem to get it finished.)

10. Now tag five people:
Brent (The McKinney Diner), Brando (Ramble Zone), Lori (A little of this..), Lindsay (Life in a shoe), Zach (The twitch cave)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am dying to read the N.T. Wright book that I've heard you and Joye mention. I really like him alot. I'll post the survey tomorrow. I have a few thoughts to post about what I read in Matthew today. I'm glad y'all did this - great reading recommendations!