Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Homeless


Yesterday I found myself in a God orchestrated encounter.  

A homeless man reached out to us for help.

I said yes.

I went to where he was staying, 
picked him up and then began the encounter.

He was a vet,
a Christian,
an author
and he was homeless.

We went to the store, 
got him some clothes,
some food cards
and
then stopped to get a meal.

We talked, 
had fun, 
and
got to know each other.

But for all I gave him
the most important
thing I gave him
was 
my 
time.

He told me
the hardest part
of
being homeless
was 
being 
lonely.

My greatest gift to him was not
clothing, food, shoes or even a coat...

....it was time.

Do you realize how inexpensive 
the really important things are?

A smile,
a hug,
time to listen.

My new friend came back to life....
simply because I spent time with him,
listened to him, and cared.

It's so easy. 
It made his day,
and 
it made mine as well!




No comments: