Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Walkabout...

There are times...and this is one for me...when I need to step away from all I am doing and focus my time and attention on God alone. Life seems to take my eyes off of God.  I get busy.  People need help. There are things to do.  Expectations come from every corner.  And soon....if you're not careful....you and God haven't spent time together in weeks.

Without meaning to....not at all intentionally....this has happened to me.  I've been absent from here for a bit just because of life, work and honestly having nothing to say.  It seems that my times of silence often follow time away from God's presence.   Over time and life I lose focus, lose my way a bit, lose site of God.....and must retrace my steps to where I last left him.

In Australia a "walkabout" is a wandering in the outback...not going anywhere in particular, but just going.  It seems we all do that at times...wander aimlessly.  I'm sure I've been doing that.  I'm trying to retrace my steps now and recapture my relationship with the one who made me.  It's a shame a pastor has to do that over and over again, but I'm still just a fallen creature trying to walk with the eternal God and I know this will happen again, but for today....in the moments ahead....I'm seeking the one who sought me.

No comments: