Thursday, August 22, 2013

Knowing God is watching.....

I know God is watching every moment.  I know he's aware when I am discouraged, when I'm low, when I'm happy.  I know he sees, but once in a while you get a glimpse of how much he knows, how well he cares for us.  That glimpse, for me, came yesterday as a result of something that happened more than 40 years ago! 

Here's the note I received yesterday:



"Hey, Mike, I don't think I ever thanked you for the time you alllowed me to spend with you. I was the typical pain in the butt kid and you were very good to my family to attempt to reach me for God. I think back and it is amazing to me how He never lost patience, just kept sending people into my life to show me His love is real. It took plenty of them & you were one before my heart softened to His truths. Thank you for letting God use you to help others - I know I am not the only one you touched this way. Love you, bro, T________."

Do you ever get one of those notes that just makes a shiver run down your spine? This one did for me.  I never knew if what I did mattered, I never heard what happened.  For me it's an early glimpse of the Bema, the time when we will know all that God did through us. For me it was a gift from God in a time when I needed it.  For me I reminded me of God's wonderful care for us and love for even our smallest pains.

It's a wonderful comfort that God is watching and caring for his children.  I'm so glad I'm one of them!  And today I'm celebrating what God has done in the life of my friend.



No comments: