Sunday, August 11, 2013

Afraid....


Psalm 56:3-


When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.


Early this morning I woke to panic and fear.  I'm sure you 

understand. We have all done that.  It may have a reason,  

but often it comes from nowhere.  This morning I woke up 

afraid!  

I'm sure you want to ask why, but I honestly couldn't give 

you a good reason....it was just there to greet me as I 

stirred from sleep.  Immediately I remembered David's 

words and went to them for comfort.  He was the most 

honest man I have ever read! He was a king, a leader, an

amazing guy, but he never stopped being honest about his 

struggles.  He shared them all.  We call it "Psalms".  His 

words gave me focus this morning.  Fear is based on poor 

focus...focus on the wrong things.  It took a bit, but I was

able to turn around and once more look at God and trust 

him.

I think I would have been one of the Jews in trouble in the

wilderness as they complained about God's provision.  I'm

sure I would have been among those who worried.  Sadly

I have to admit this is a frequent visitor to my life.  When 

will I ever really trust God?  When will I put my full weight

and faith in him.  He's never failed, he has always cared for

us, he has met out needs and loved us graciously, why am

I so fearful? 

For me, it happens when I take my eyes off of him.  This 

early Sunday morning is a time to refocus on the God who

has never let me down and once more say, "I'm sorry" for

letting fear steal my trust in him.


in God I trust and am not afraid.
    What can man do to me?  
Psalm 56:11

1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

Awesome, Mike. Like you, fear can be a constant companion. These are great words to remember.