Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Is it enough?

This morning I was listening to the story of the creator of Veggie tales on the radio.  He talked about losing everything and finally filing bankruptcy.  In his own faith he came to this question-  if all you have is Jesus is it enough?

In our culture we want Jesus AND a nice job, a great family, a new car, but what if we lost it all? What if everything was lost and all you had left was Jesus....is it enough?

As I thought about this my imagination wandered and I wondered...is he enough for me?  If he was all I had would It be enough for me?  That is a hard question.  I think the apostle Paul found that place.  I've known a few that have found it, and so I wonder...is it enough for me if all I had was Jesus?  I'm working on it....

4 comments:

Mike McM said...

The answer to that is a life style that "Count it all joy ....". Joy is a choice of how to act. Feelings will follow action, the result is happiness.

celestine said...

every other thing arround us is pleasure but joy comes from God.unec

Schweers' Mom said...

I think that's a question that's hard to answer until you are in that pit of a situation. It's all well and good to give the right Christian answer and say, "yes of course Jesus is enough." But quite another to be in the pit and truly have to come to the realization that all you have is Jesus and you have to take it or leave it.

Unknown said...

A similar question was posed at my D-group meeting this morning. I'm honest enough to answer this way. Yes, He is enough BUT I will probably whine, complain, and maybe even throw a temper tantrum or two for having to go through such loss.