Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Finding a quiet place

I've needed to do this for a while.  

I have no excuses.  

I could tell you that life is busy, there is much to do, I don't have time, but none of that matters when it comes to spending time with God.  


This morning I found a park bench a pastor friend shared with me years ago and I spent an hour praying, worshiping, listening...it was a beginning.  I need that more than I can tell you here.  I need time with my Father. I need silence. I need time to worship him without the noise and distractions of a world that screams for my attention.



This morning I spent time with God as best I could.  As I left that bench I longed for a couple more hours to simply be in God's presence.  I need it.  

I'm not sure what God is doing in my life, but he's working on something....he hasn't told me yet what it is, but there is a discontent, a hunger, an uneasiness.  

One thing I know is that I need to spend more time with him.  I need quiet places where the world can't reach me, but God can.



I hunger for those moments and this morning was just the first in a new quest to engage my Father in some "face time".  I cannot live without him.  He is my life, my breath, my all.  Time alone with him is vital for my walk with him.  I have to admit that I have let these moments slip away from me because there is much to do "for God", but what sense does that make?  How can I serve someone well when I spend little time with him?  And so I am connecting once more with Father...time I have let get away from me to my great loss.



I know God is in this.  I know this hunger, this discontent is from him.  I know he woos me, draws me to time with him because without that nothing else really matters.  It is, once more, a wonderful part of my days.  I hope I don't let it slip away again.....




1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

Beautiful, Mike. I pray you hear what God is telling you.