Sunday, September 17, 2006

The beauty of a God-woven life


Jam 1:2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
Jam 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
Jam 1:4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

The beauty of a God-woven life...what a thought. God, the one who loves me, working in my life to make it and me beautiful. What is beautiful to God? What is it that he's weaving together?

What is beautiful to God is a life that glorifies him. It's a life that focuses the eyes of the world on the creator.

Paul writes these words,

Rom 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Rom 8:29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;
Rom 8:30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?



A God-woven life is one that brings glory to him because of all he's done for me, in me and through me. As God weaves your life with all it's joys, trials, problems and victories remember the goal-

A life woven in such a way that it brings him glory.

Lord, weave my life so you are glorified in me. Make me a work of art to the world done by your hands.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

This is a beautiful reminder for us all. A simple yet one of the most, if not the most, important facet of the Christian walk.

Thanks again, Pastor Mike, for the exhortation.

bro Vincent