Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's all a matter of perspective



So, how do we get the queen size bed in there? Where do I put the pool table? Dining room? Are you kidding!

And yet, the people who live here are very happy. They have adjusted. It's the space they have to work with and they have made it "home."

Most of us are very blessed to have a place to live, a bed to sleep in, food to eat......and yet, we complain so easily. We struggle to "fit" the circumstances that God has given us.

It's funny that we have a strange sense that what God has provided is just not enough. Is that sin or simply a feeling that God has something better for us? I'm sure it could be both, but I see that, for most of us, a contentment with what God has provided easily eludes us.

We are excellent at complaining about our situations. "It's not enough," "it's too small," .....well, you get the idea. Let me challenge you, as I am challenging myself as I write this, to keep words of discontent from your mouth and your fingers. Instead, talk and type "blessed of the Lord," for that is what we are if we know Christ as our savior.


Psa 103:1 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits;
Psa 103:3 Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases;
Psa 103:4 Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Psa 103:5 Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Thank you so much for that message today! I have been struggling with my focus all week long. My family is so blessed in so many ways, I should have nothing to complain about. Yet, my focus has been on the "needs" we still have. I really needed this reminder!
I love reading your blog. I find it helpful and inspirational. Thanks for being there!

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I just started reading your blog and I feel so blessed and encouraged by it. Thank you for your focused words. I needed that today!

Lulu