Friday, September 15, 2006

The battle of the gods


Isa 44:6 "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.
Isa 44:7 'Who is like Me? Let him proclaim and declare it; Yes, let him recount it to Me in order, From the time that I established the ancient nation. And let them declare to them the things that are coming And the events that are going to take place.
Isa 44:8 'Do not tremble and do not be afraid; Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it? And you are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none.'"


We are in an amazing time in the history of the world. There have always been different religions, even the bible tells of that early in Genesis, but we have never seen a time like this when the battle is over whose god is the real one. Let me cast my vote so all will know where I stand- I believe the God of the bible is the ONLY God there is. All other claims to diety are false. I can already hear the cries, "you're narrow minded, insensitive, an extremist...etc."

Guilty as charged. I am narrow minded because the bible is narrow minded, and I believe the bible. I do not apologize for that. In the passage above the God of the bible claims to be the only one there is, and yes, He's narrow minded too! The very concept of God requires exclusivity, and the God of the bible claims that. I believe him.

In the passage I have quoted, verse 8, God is basically saying, "I have looked around up here, and I'm the only God there is." Not only does he claim to be the only one, he also claims to be sovereign (lord of everything.)

There is another claim made in scripture that is very important to note:

Phi 2:9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
Phi 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Phi 2:11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


Not only does God claim to be the only God there is, he also claims to be one God in three persons and has elevated the second person of the trinity to the highest place of worship. One day everyone with knees will bow them to Jesus Christ and confess that he is Lord and this very action will bring glory to God the Father.

The whole purpose of man is to give glory to God the Father. He tells us what will give him glory in this time- it is to bow our knees to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in our lives.

One day we will all do that- Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Voodoo, atheist, communist, American, French, Russian. We will all bow our knee to Jesus Christ as Lord, and in that action God will be glorified.

I'm so glad I have already bowed my knees, asked Christ to be my savior and am daily allowing him to be my lord. One day we will all do it, I'm glad I have done it early. I am practicing it daily, I pray for those who are bowing to other gods, who are not gods at all. I pray that they will find the only God, the God of the bible, and his son and will bow their knees to him as savior and lord.

The most important thing to God is his glory, and it glorifies him when I bow my knee to Christ, when we all bow before him, invite him to be savior and call him lord. Take some time today and glorify God, bow to the Lordship of Christ in your life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike,
I like the new look.

I view the Bible as not narrow, but ever broadening as we enter into more and more intimacy with Christ Jesus.

God is a Mystery… ever unknowable, yet always revealing Who He is…

God’s written word seems very narrow, yet as God reveals more and more of His character, Jesus reveals more of His written word and its mysteries.

That is the difference between our God and other gods… He desires relationship and to be known...

Rom 16: 25. Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26. but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him-- 27. to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Blessings,
iggy

Mike Messerli said...

Iggy,

thanks. I appreciate your comments. I still have to get your link on my new page, I will do that. I have been checking on your site...when are you updating it?

Radar said...

Right on, Iggy.

The mystery is over.

God has clearly revealed himself in his Son. There are no-longer any excuses for not knowing God and his plan of salvation.

Unknown said...

I would love to update it, but i have modified the template so much i am afraid that I will lose everything... I have very limited HTML knowledge. Ever expanding, yet mostly still a mystery. (LOL!)

I like to think of it as "Classic"...

Blessings,
iggy