Friday, May 08, 2009

Amazed by those around me


This afternoon I had a few minutes to read some blogs I frequent and also listen to a few podcasts. I'm honestly amazed by those around me! Cheri's message to finish the women's studies for the spring was great (in spite of her cold). And, Lori's blog posts for the last few days have been very rich and thoughtful. I feel like I'm just looking through the fence wishing I could be so inspiring. It's great to see how God gifts those around us and uses each of us to serve in his kingdom. I'm glad he didn't make the Christian life a spectator sport. He has invited all of us to be part of his work, and so each one has a gift. When each person uses the gifts God has given the church is blessed and the people who use their gifts grow. So, today I'm just peeking through the fence....amazed by those around me.

3 comments:

Heidi Day said...

Did you know I have a blog for my Kindermusik studio? You should scroll down a couple entries and try the Musical Raindrops. I bet you'll love it.

Mike Messerli said...

I will, thanks....

Schweers' Mom said...

I'm so flattered! How did I miss this post??

Thanks for the encouragement, Mike!