Thursday, May 14, 2009

Seeking God


I have come to a place in my walk with God (I know we each do this over and over again) where I'm hungry for HIM. I want to know God, I want to draw closer to him. There aren't words to describe this desire, this need, it's so much more than knowing him better. This desire comes from a passion to really KNOW him, to be with him. I know it's his Spirit working in me that is drawing me in closer, but the passion for it is now mine as well. I'm hungry for him, to know him, to spend time with him, to see his face, to draw in closer to him. It's funny, this desire to seek God comes from his desire to seek me! So I find myself pursuing the one who is pursuing me. It often feels like a wonderful romance as we interact. I've had this desire before, but I hope that in this time I can know him better and be changed by that time with him. I so want to be like him. I so want to see his face. As David wrote, "When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You, "Your face, O LORD, I shall seek. Do not hide Your face from me, Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not abandon me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation!"

No comments: