Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today we have a new President


Today we have a new president. It's something that few countries in the world are able to do...transfer power to a new leader without war or bloodshed. Today we inaugurate our first black president. I'm excited about our new president not because he's black, but because I have an opportunity to pray for him.

I'm praying that God will give him wisdom to lead our country. I'm praying that he will desire to do the right things. I'm praying that he will have the will to do the hard things. I'm praying for him because it's what God's people are called to do.

I'm praying for our country too. Lord, as we near your return work in this country and in our lives for your glory and for your kingdom.

1Ti 2:1-4- First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying too. I will add one more. I pray that he will have the courage to speak the hard truths whatever the cost to him personally or to us as a country.

Kathleen