Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Hubble Deep Field: The Most Important Image Ever Taken

I mentioned these images before, but had not seen this video until now. The vastness of the universe is amazing to me. It's almost more than our minds can comprehend.....and yet its origin is described by the creator as almost an afterthought when he says, Gen 1:16 "God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also." With only 5 words God describes the creation of something so vast we cannot imagine it. I like knowing God is this big.....it helps me in my world to have a God big enough to handle my problems and yet personal enough that he would become a man to save me. What an awesome God!

3 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Psalm 8:
"I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous,your handmade sky-jewelry, moon and stars mounted in their settings.
Then I look at my micro-self and wonder,
Why do you bother with us?
Why take a second look our way?"

WOW!

The narrator sounded a LOT like you, Mike. Freaky. It wasn't you, was it?

Anonymous said...

This post was a great start to our homeschooling day. We watched and read your great words. Thank you for sharing it Mike. You have given me and the boys (9, 7 and 5) a lot to think about.

Mike Messerli said...

no, I didn't narrate this. It was good though....