Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thankful


Today I want to take a moment and just say thank you. I tend to be a negative person far too easily, and have to intentionally choose to give thanks. I think most of us are that way. It's easy to look at the bad, but much harder to look at what we have to be thankful for, so today I want to intentionally say "thank you."
.....................
Psa 95:1 O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD, Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation.
Psa 95:2 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
Psa 95:3 For the LORD is a great God And a great King above all gods,
....................
Thank you, Lord for a home to live in. So many have no place to live.
Thank you, Lord for a wonderful family. I know of those who have lost loved ones and so I appreciate mine even more.
Thank you, Lord for a wonderful wife. There are many who would love to have a sweet mate to enjoy life with. Thanks for giving me such a blessing.
Thank you, Lord for a place to serve you. I am so blessed to be part of this church family. How blessed I am to be here.
Thank you, Lord for your word. Daily I look forward to spending time in your word. What a gift you have given us. Thank you.
Thank you, Lord for life! Today, I woke up early and have the great joy of knowing that you have given me this day to live and serve you.
Thank you, Lord for friends. I have so many.
Thank you, Lord for your protection. I doubt that I know how many times you have kept me safe from harm.
Thank you, Lord for my children and their children....as you have written they are a blessing from you.
Thank you, Lord.....thank you for being the wonderful, loving, kind Sovereign of the universe. Your mercy and kindness to us is more than we can ever know. Thank you for being you and all that comes from your very nature. We are richly blessed because of it.
Thank you, Lord for your son, Jesus Christ, who freely gave his life to give me life. Thank you for salvation. Thank you for your promise of life eternal. Thank you for saving me.
.....................
It's amazing how much different I feel when I walk through an exercise like this. I read in Psalms that David had to do this often, and so I have followed his example. It's easy to get down and focus on what's wrong, but to take a moment and acknowledge all that God has done changes my focus and my day. Thank you, Lord......

No comments: