Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to basics


Psalm 100:5 For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting.

It's good for me to revisit the basics often. It helps me keep balance. With one leg in a cast balance is important to me right now. The balance I'm talking about is a focus on who God is and what he is like. He must be the primary focus of my life so that I can deal with everything else. If I lose sight of who he is and what he's doing then the events of life will soon confuse and crush me.

Today I just want to mention one that is always foundational for me....it's this- God is good. This is a simple truth, but it works out in amazing ways.....the acting out of this, the wheel that make this work in the real world is his lovingkindness. In other words God is good and the way we see it in our lives is his lovingkindness demonstrated in our days and our lives.

The bible is rich with lovingkindness verses....the ways God demonstrates his goodness. If you have time today read through Psalm 136. You will get the idea quickly about what the author is focused on. Today rest in the truth that whatever happens in your life God is good and his lovingkindness is everlasting, working in your life for his glory and your good.

Now, repeat after me, "God is good and his lovingkindness is EVERLASTING!"


No comments: