Friday, August 03, 2007

Feeding on God's provision


I have been keenly aware that God is caring for us....he's providing for our needs...even when we don't know it. I love the verse Paul writes in the letter to the Philippians,
Php 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
And Jesus himself said,

Mat 6:31 "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
Mat 6:32 "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
Mat 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
I'm blessed to know that the one who made me also cares for me...provides for me...gives me what I need. He loves me, and in his provision of my needs he is glorified. I love David's commentary as he neared the end of his life,

Psa 37:25 I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken Or his descendants begging bread.
I don't really have a big application here.....I'm just in the middle of needing these verses in my life....a reminder.....and thought you might too. God loves us, and will care for our needs.

No comments: