Friday, March 02, 2007

The Secret


Have you heard about The Secret ?


It's a new book written by an austrailan author that was recently featured on the Oprah show.


Here is a very good review of the book and the teaching- The Secret
(Let me say that I am NOT endorsing this book in any way, I am sharing this link so you will know what all the buzz is about when you hear it. In fact, I would encourage you to NOT read this book, in case you are unclear about my position, but do read the review above.)

4 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

I recently received an email about "The Secret" from a friend who is Mormon. She was thrilled with the idea. Thanks for posting the link to the review.

Wow. It amazes me that everyone is so anxious to know all they need to know about "life" from fallable individuals who claim they've figured it out and you can find out for a price. Wonder why more don't realize that all one needs for life and godliness is contained in a very old book that is easily obtained (and often free of charge) and probably already in their book collection?

susan in fm said...

That's... weird. But I guess it's also normal. Still trying to fill that God-shaped vacuum with other stuff that doesn't fit.

And I am amazed at the popularity of Oprah - if she gives a book the nod, it's instantly a bestseller. Kinda scary, in a way. :)

Kathy said...

Between the "secret" and James Cameron finding the grave site of Jesus (insert eye roll here) we have our work cut out for us.

The wiles of the enemy....

Tina said...

Wow. (That's all I can think to say about the book.) I hadn't even heard of this book - but I'm glad you posted about it so I'm prepared if anyone brings it up to me. Thanks Mike.