Thursday, March 15, 2007

Faith


There's a lot of discussion about faith these days. I hear many on Television telling me it's a force. They tell me that I can "use" my faith and make things happen. I have watched as many of them worship at the altar of faith and elevate it above the God who is supposed to be the object of their faith.
Let me simplify this a little. The bible makes it clear that faith is simply a dependance on someone else to do for me what I cannot do myself. Real biblical faith is trusting God, and believing he will really do what he says. That's it! It's not hard. It's not a lever I pull to get a jackpot. It's not a formula that I can work to get God to act.
It's simply trusting God to do what he says.
These birds show what faith should look like. They know that their parents will meet their needs and they are waiting for that to happen. Oh that I lived in such a way with God! A simple trust that he will provide. I must tell you that God is always faithful. He always cares. He is always good. He daily meets our needs, and will continue to do that.
Faith is an open mouth, waiting for the food!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Oh, the Love that drew salvations plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that GOD did span at Calvary!
-'At Calvary' by William Newell

Romans 10:17 Faith comes from from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

-Dave

Sparkalina said...

Amen Amen Amen and Amen :)

Praise God for faith! Praise God that we have the AMAZING and WONDERFUL gift of Jesus Christ!

HALLELUJAH :)

You're a blessing Mike,

Sparkalina :)
xx

Anonymous said...

Why do you assume/presume that God is a HE?
Surely there is is no gender in the Radiant Conscious Light of Acausal Real God.
See for instance.
1. www.dabase.org/2armP1.htm#ch1b
2. www.dabase.org/meaning.htm
3. www.dabase.org/dht6.htm
4. www.aboutadidam.org/readings/parental_deity/index.html

Mike Messerli said...

John,

I assume/presume that God is a HE because HE says so. Although God is spirit, and not a man as we are, he describes himself as HE. I trust him to know, so I will call him HE because he does.

thanks for your comments.