Friday, March 23, 2007

Trusting God

Psa 131:1 A Song of Ascents, of David. O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me.
Psa 131:2 Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me.
Psa 131:3 O Israel, hope in the LORD From this time forth and forever.


I think in pictures, so when I see a picture it will often remind me of something I have read. This IS the perfect picture for this Psalm. Total trust, complete dependence, not a worry in the world, quiet and at rest in his mother's arms.

We often fret and worry when we most need to simply rest in the Father's arms. Why do we do that? Why do we struggle so much with God as our Father?

Lord, help us to rest in you. Help us to trust you. Let us see your face so we won't worry about what is going on around us. We need you.

4 comments:

Samantha Louise said...

I felt such peace when I looked at that photo. it reminds me that we need to keep going back to God with 'faith as a child'.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

blvgboThis is my Psalm!!!!!!!
Thank you for the pic.
However, when I think of this Psalm, in my mind I picture sitting on the side of Mt Even in Colorado. Slipping into a crevice in between two large boulders with a slip of the river sliding at my feet, pondering under the cornflower blue sky, His presence completely enfolded me. Leaning against the cold rock and sensing the stability of it all. Repeating that chapter over and over in my head. Hearing Him. After not speaking for five days - I heard Him so very clearly.

Anonymous said...

Boy, did I need that after a restless night sleep and much anxiousness.

stephanie said...

what a great reminder! thank you! much needed after a chaotic few days.