Thursday, May 09, 2013

Who's in charge?


“I kept looking
Until thrones were set up,
And the Ancient of Days took His seat;



....And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
“And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed."  -Daniel 7

I often go to this passage and one in Revelation to refocus the events of the world I see.  It's difficult, in the midst of the news all around, to have a sense of center, an awareness of someone who is ruling the events of man in spite of what I see.  If all I saw was the world around me I would be in panic mode most of the time.  But I know that there is a God in heaven, seated on the throne and that he has given dominion, glory and a kingdom to the one we know as Jesus.  Knowing that calms my fears,  focuses my vision and helps me as I live my days.

Who's in charge?  God is.  And  for that I am most thankful.

2 comments:

Erik Retallick said...

Dear Mike, We would love you to write a blog for WorldPrayr.org if you are happy to do so. Please feel free to express what the Lord leads you to contribute, we are putting a very strong emphasis on the grace of God at the moment if you feel that resonates with you, but feel free to express what you feel God would want us to receive at this time.

Erik Retallick, Senior Pastor and President of WorldPrayr Inc (http://worldprayr.org)

Erik Retallick said...

We would love to feel that we are working alongside you, sharing the Good News of Jesus to a broken world, in desperate need of His salvation in these turbulent days. God bless you, brother, in all that you are doing in sharing the Gospel in these days!

Erik Retallick (erik@worldprayr.org)