Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thoughts on Kenya

Today we begin day three on the east coast of Kenya.  We are meeting with and training 40-50 pastors.  These men and women are great, but I'm concerned for them and their churches.  It's really bothering me.  There are very few men in any of the churches!  They have women and children, but the men have disappeared!  I was shocked and wondered what is happening.  As I see it, and of course God works in spite of what I see, many of these churches are already dead and just don't know it yet.  What happened to the men?  Where is the message that would challenge men for God?  How did this happen?  It's very much on my mind.  It will be a matter of prayer for me.  Today, another day of teaching and time with some wonderful men and women.  I hope we can help them do well in the days ahead.

No comments: