Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Build it bigger!

It's early morning.....4am to be exact.  I can't sleep, so I thought I would take a moment and update you on some of my thoughts.  I have been busy getting ready for an Africa trip and trying to take care of other issues as well, so I apologize for not being here as often as I would like.  I will try to post more often.  It does seem that a busy life for me makes it harder to get a few moments of silence and thoughtfulness....in other words my mind is just not as fertile when I'm too busy.  But here are some thoughts I'm working on...let me know if you want to know more about this.

In the last few days I've been thinking about and studying the "New Jerusalem", that city made by God.  The descriptions of it in Revelation 21 are fascinating.  In the picture painted is, as I see it, amazing insight into the redemptive work of Christ.  God loves to paint picturs with what he makes and this city is one of those wonderful pictures.  I would like to take about a week and talk about this new city, this place where the saints will live, if you are interested.  

Let me know if you want to know more.  I have a lot of thoughts on this I'd like to share.  You might ask, what does the title have to do wtih this?  In John 14 Jesus said, "I go to prepare a place for you..." and this city in Revelation 21 is that place.  There has never been a construct like it in time or history.  In just a few verses God describes the biggest building project of all creation...built as a home for the bride of Christ.  I think it will take about a week to talk about how amazing it is.  Shall I develop this and write about it here?  Are you interested?  Let me know.

No comments: