Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Praise in the early morning hours


Psalm 100
A Psalm of Thanksgiving.
1 Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
2 Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
3 Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
5 For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

In these early hours of the day I am listening to praise music (what a wonderful blessing) and thinking about an amazing God who not only made me, but cares about me. Each moment he's watching over me, guiding me, loving me, working in my life....even when I have no idea what I need he is working....for my good and his glory! What a marvelous God, what a kind savior, what a sweet Father, what an amazing creator, what a gloriously creative artist and lover of my soul is this wonderful God who made me. He loves me! I cannot imagine or even understand how blessed I really am. How can God be so good to such a rebel as I? But he is! He loves me....and that love has power behind it to make that love a reality in my life and eternity. We are all so truly blessed! What else can I do but praise God in these early morning hours?

No comments: