Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday's cartoon

I had a great time preaching yesterday. We spent the day in the Old Testament making some observations on the life of Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20. I had, what I thought, was a funny illustration to introduce the sermon, but it has quickly turned into a joke on me. I had dozens of people come up to me after the different services and say, "I loved the sermon today, but can't remember what you talked about." So, the joke is on me, and I am smiling....it was funny. I'm glad that our people are listening to how easy it is to hear a sermon, but not hear the message.

I think I will get a T-shirt made that says, "I loved your sermon, but can't remember what you said."

If you want to hear this sermon here's the link-

http://www.crossroadsbible.org/online/lessons.htm

I think it is a very encouraging message.

No comments: