Friday, April 01, 2016

An encouraging word


Early this morning I went to hospital to be with a friend as he prepared for heart surgery.  He's not sure yet what they will do.  Maybe a stent, maybe a bypass. 

I walked into the hospital lobby early morning and was greet by the receptionist, a middle aged woman, with a bubbly and happy good morning.  She helped me find my way and invited me to take one of her "encouraging words" with me.  In the basket she pointed to were hundreds of folded pieces of paper and so I took one and put it in my pocket.

When I had a moment to open it, much to my surprise, it was a scripture verse.  Here's the one I took....without even knowing what it said,



I tried to find which version this is, but couldn't and yet I love the wording of it.  Let me offer this as your devotional for the day from a sweet receptionist with an encouraging word,

"You are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth)...Be very careful how you live. Do not live like people who are not wise. But live wisely. I mean that you should use every chance you have for going good, because these are evil times. So don't be foolish with your lives. But learn what the Lord wants you to do." Ephesians 5:8

What great words for the morning.  It sure encouraged me!


No comments: