Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Finishing Well "Hall of Fame"


One thing I have wanted to do with this blog is celebrate the lives of those who have finished well. I know this is not the Bema (judgement seat of Christ), but I do want to acknowledge those who have run the race well (both living and dead) and celebrate their lives. So as you see the trophy appear on my blog take a moment to read the story because it will be a story of a life lived well. I also plan to start a "Finishing Well Hall of Fame" on the right column, so I'm open to nominees from those you know in your life. Obviously I want this to be inspirational and encouraging, so there will be a focus on lives lived and finished well. I want to highlight lives lived as Paul described:
Php 1:27 Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
Php 1:28 in no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.
It's so easy for us to lose our way, and fall on the side of the road, but to finish well....those are lives worth celebrating!

No comments: