Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dreams of more...


Every child dreams of flying. Most of us have jumped off of something in the hope of being "Superman!"...of flying. I don't think I know of anyone who would deny dreaming of flying. It's every parent's fear and every child's dream...to fly!

We all have imagined that we are more than we are, that we can do something other mortals only dream of doing. We all know that we were meant for more than we are...more than we can do now....we were meant to "fly."

I really believe these dreams we dream are hints of what more God has in store for us...the "more" we were meant to do....the more we were meant to be, and so we find ourselves dreaming of more....

Paul wrote, 1Co 2:9 but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."

What does God have prepared for us? What could it be that we can't even imagine? This verse has always left me wanting more. What things will I see? What will I hear? What does God have in store for us? Honestly, I can't wait to see it! We know there is something better ahead, we dream of it. And one day it will be reality. We will be in awe when we see all that God has planned.
I look forward to seeing the dreams become reality. I can't wait to "fly."

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

I love it!

You know, Jenny and I were looking at pictures from the Hubble (you had a blog about the Sombrero galaxy) and we just couldn't help but think, "When will we get to see that? When will we get to GO there?"

I know that now, it's supposedly impossible, but someday...someday maybe we'll just take a "space trip" there.

I can't wait!