Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here we are again



What a weekend! As I write this I'm in a hotel room in McAlester, Oklahoma....not a planned stay, but a necessary one. Once again we find ourselves in this quaint little town with car trouble. We made a trip to Little Rock, Arkansas for a wedding yesterday, and today made our way back home. Part way back the battery light came on. What does that mean?

I thought, "if it stays on for a while I will have to do something about that..." and I continue to drive, but it didn't go out. We find our way to a Wal-Mart. I buy a battery, some tools, and put a new battery in the car. Problem solved!.....NOT!

As we drive away that pesky little light comes back on. Now I know what it means...the alternator is going. We check our position, estimate how far it is to the next dealer and how long a new battery will last, and off we go. So here we are, in a motel across from the dealer, waiting for them to open first thing Monday morning. I got as far as I could before I ran out of "electric cord."

McAlester, Oklahoma....it's our new favorite place to get our car worked on...too bad it's 150 miles from home. But we made it, and here we wait. It's just part of life...a few annoyances, a few problems...a chance to trust God....and a night in McAlester, Oklahoma.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Any night in Oklahoma is a chance to trust God! Haha, Looking forward to this weekend brother. Be safe!

Heidi Day said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how this turns into another story.

Kathy said...

Did you know:
McAlester is a city located in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 17,783. McAlester is the birthplace of country music singer Reba McEntire. McAlester was the site of the 2004 trial of Terry Nichols on Oklahoma state charges related to the Oklahoma City bombing (1995).

Read more about your new favorite town here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McAlester,_Oklahoma

Missed you today! I'll pray for a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you missed church; Steve was great. I went to second service, and at one point we were applauding the hard work of the search comittee. We also acknowledged all of the hard work of our awesome pastors...we gave you guys a standing ovation...I wish you could've seen it.
I know I'm not alone when I say I'm still standing. :)
SM