Friday, March 31, 2017

Waiting


I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
 I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5-6

Waiting on God.  What a strange idea. It's as if the God who is beyond time would ever be late, but we wait.  We wait for his answers, his provision and his arrival.  It seems that all of the Christian life involves waiting on God, but it's more than that...it's about our focus, our dependence.  It's about his provision.  Waiting on God keeps my focus, my dependence, my eyes on him...waiting for him to provide, to help, to come, to work...waiting on the one who always meets our needs.  And yet, we wait.  It seems to me the waiting is more about trust than about timing.  Often, when I'm honest, it feels that God is late, but how could he be?  He knows my need, he knows me.  And so I trust, I watch, I wait...I wait for the only one who can help me...the God of all creation.  He's never late.

1 comment:

thulannguyen said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.